You can import bills payments from text files or from Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks using the Zed Axis
- Select your text file or spreadsheet which contains the bill payments that you want to import.
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your bill payment import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks, as shown below.
- Click Import and your bill payments will be directly added to your QuickBooks company file.
Important factors to consider when import bill payments are:
- Bill payments you must specify the bill that is being paid.
- The payment can be less than, equal to or greater than the amount due, if an overpayment a credit will be created by QuickBooks.
- To import a payment that pays multiple bills you need to have one row for each bill paid, and to group them together by using the same reference number.
- Be sure that the Total Amount equals the sum of the payment amounts or discount amounts.
For more information about importing bill payments into QuickBooks, search the Knowledge Base, watch the movies in the Learning Centre, or raise a ticket with Zed Support.
Sample Bill Payment Check import file
Sample Bill Payment Credit Charge import file
The following fields are the principal fields when importing bill payments into QuickBooks.
||MANDATORY - Payee who is on the customer, vendor, employee or other names list
||Accounts payable account, if not mapped Axis uses the default AP account
||Date the bill was paid
||MANDATORY - Name of Account (Bank type for BillPaymentChecksor Credit type for CreditCardCharges) the funds are drawn from
||Whether the Check is to be be printed (true or false) (nb: cannot be mapped if RefNumber is mapped)
||Reference number for the Bill Payment (nb: cannot be mapped if IsToBePrinted is mapped)
||MANDATORY - Reference number of the bill being paid, should already be in QuickBooks (Export field name ATRTxnRef)
||Memo of for the payment
||Exchange rate against the QuickBooks Home currency
||GUID of the bill if known (Export field name ATRTxnID)
||Amount being paid
||Chart of Account for the discount to be allocated to
- Error: ApplyToBillRef does not exist in Bill - Check that the bill reference number exists in QuickBooks, if the ApplyToBillRef is blank then you will also get this error. Also check that the Payee name is correct and matches what is in QuickBooks
- Error: Object does not exist - If you have confirmed that the bill and Payee both are correct then check the Accounts Payable account that the bills is posted to as if this is not the default Accounts Payable account then you will need to map the AP Account field and make sure it matches what is on the bill that is being paid.
- Error: The transaction object "........" may only be provided once in this request. This is restriction of QuickBooks - in each Bill Payment transaction the Bill can only be paid once. In order to make two payments to the same bill ensure they are in separate Bill Payment transactions, ie they have a different Ref Number.