To connect Zed Axis to your MYOB company file using the MYOB ODBC Direct driver, you must have registered your company file for ODBC access
Next you must define the file as a data source and set up a Data Source Name
(DSN). A DSN identifies your company file as a database to which Zed Axis can connect.
NOTE : If you are using the 64-bit version of Windows... Do not complete the first two steps in this procedure. To access the ODBC Data Source Administrator window, you will need to open the C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ folder on your hard drive and double-click the odbcad32.exe file. You can then continue with step 3 below.
- In Windows go to the Start menu and choose Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools and then double-click Data Sources (ODBC). The ODBC Data Source Administrator window appears.
- Click Add. The Create New Data Source window appears.
- Select MYOAU0901 or the latest version shown and then click Finish. The ODBC MYOB Setup Configuration window appears.
- In the top section of the ODBC MYOB Setup Configuration window, enter a unique Data Source Name and a description. (For example, you could enter "Clearwater" as the Data Source Name and "MYOB company file" as the description.)
- In the MYOB Company File section of the ODBC MYOB Setup Configuration window, click Browse. The Select file for ODBC source window appears.
- Locate and select the MYOB company file you want to connect to.
- Click Open. The ODBC MYOB Setup Configuration window appears showing the company file’s path.
- In the User Name field, enter a user name that you have set up in the company file. Enter a user name that is not restricted from accessing any windows or functions in the company file, for example, Administrator. If you enter a user name that has been restricted from accessing windows and functions, the user will not be able to access the tables related to those functions via ODBC.
- If you have set a password for the user name entered in the previous step, enter it in the Password field. If you have not set a password, leave the field blank.
- In the Developer Access section tick the option to Enable the file. This will enable the file for read and write access.
- Select the location of the MYOB executable file (eg. Myobp.exe) click Browse and then OK (make sure you select the correct version for the data file you want to connect with).
- Finally select whether you want to access the file in Single or Multi user mode.
- You do not need to add a key as this is already built into Zed Axis.
- Click OK and the DSN will be created and the next time you start Axis you will be able to select it from the connections tab.
If you have installed MYOB ODBC Direct and have defined your company file as a data source but you are unable to connect to your company file, review the following troubleshooting list:
- Ensure the DSN you created matches the name you selected in the MYOB ODBC TestConnection utility. To check the DSN, see ‘To define a company file as an ODBC data source’ as described above.
- Ensure the company file that you have defined as a data source is located in the correct folder. To check the folder path, go to the ODBC Data Source Administration
- window, select the DSN you are testing and then click Configure. Click Browse and verify that the company file is still located in the selected path. If not, locate the file and then click OK.
- Check the version of the MYOB ODBC Direct driver. You may have upgraded your MYOB company file and not your MYOB ODBC Direct driver. Locate the latest version of the MYOB ODBC Direct driver and upgrade your version to this one.
If you are still having problems connecting to your MYOB company file, raise a ticket with Zed Systems Support.
ODBC Drivers and supported MYOB versions (for international version please check the MYOB website for more information)
| Driver name
|| Works with the following versions:
||MYOB Accounting Plus v
MYOB Premier v19
MYOB Premier Enterprise v19
||MYOB Accounting Plus v18.5
MYOB Premier v12.5
MYOB Premier Enterprise v6.5
||MYOB Accounting v18
MYOB Accounting Plus v18
MYOB Premier v12
MYOB Premier Enterprise v6
||MYOB Accounting v17
MYOB Accounting Plus v17
MYOB Premier v11
MYOB Premier Enterprise v6
| MYOB_ODBC (v6.0.14)
MYOB Premier v8 - v10
MYOB Premier Enterprise v2 - v4
MYOB Accounting/Accounting Plus v14 - v16
Works with the following versions: