Overview of importing Price Levels
In QuickBooks a price level list is used to specify custom prices for specific customers or groups of customers. When you create a price level lists in QuickBooks you have the option to either:
- Custom Price - That is a fixed price; or
- Adjusted Price Discount - using the pair of fields AdjustPercentage and AdjustRelativeTo You specify the percentage discount or increase in the AdjustPercentage field and the price/rate to be discounted (standard item price, item cost, or the items current custom price) in the AdjustRelativeTo field.
You can import price levels into QuickBooks from text or Excel files using the Zed Axis software.
Steps to import price levels lists
Follow these steps
- Download and install the Zed Axis software on your computer
- Open your QuickBooks company file as Administrator and open Zed Axis Select your text file or spreadsheet which contains the price level lists that you want to import.
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your price level list import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks.
- Click Import and your price level lists will be directly added to your QuickBooks company file.
Where the fields appear in QuickBooks
Detailed description of the fields you can import
The following fields are the principal fields when importing price level lists into QuickBooks
|QuickBooks Field||Type|| Description|
|Name||Str||The case-insensitive name of the price list|
|Item Ref Full Name||Str||The full name of the item in QuickBooks|
|Custom Price||Price||When you create a price level, you have the option to create it with a custom price that is a fixed amount.|
|Adjust Percentage||Percent|| specify the percentage discount or increase. Notice that this value supports both positive and negative values. For example, a value of 20 would increase the price by 20% and value of -10 would decrease the price by 10%|
|Adjust Relative To||Enum||specify the price to be discounted (standard item price, item cost, or the items current custom price) in the AdjustRelativeTo fieldTo field. Possible Values:StandardPrice, Cost, CurrentCustomPrice|
|Currency Ref||Price||CurrencyRef should only be used with "per item" price levels, and if Multi currency is activated in QuickBooks|
How to troubleshoot error messages:
- Import fails and no error message is displayed - Please can you check that for all the items listed you have provided a custom price, if not the import will fail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. I have four prices levels to import how can I import them in one batch?
A. If you want to import four price levels in one batch you can achieve that by structuring your data as follows, otherwise you will need to do it in four batches and modifying the mapping each time to select the corresponding column that contains the prices.
Price List Name