Follow these steps to download and install the database software for Zed Axis Automate. You will need to have this installed before you can run Zed Axis Automate. Zed Axis uses a MySQL 5.0 for Windows database application, this is an open source application that is provided under a community licence.
Install the MySQL 5.0 for Windows database:
- Download a copy of MySQL 5.4 for Windows (32bit) from here or MySQL 5.1 for Windows (64bit) from here
- Unzip and run the file setup.exe, select the Typical installation and click next
- By default the MySQL database application will install in the following folder C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0, we recommend that you use this folder.
- Once the installer is at the final stage check the option to “Configure MYSQL Server now”, this will start the configuration wizard.
- Select the Standard Configuration and click Next
- Check the option to Install as Windows Service & set the service name as MYSQL in the drop down list and click Next
- Check the option to Modify Security Settings and make your password: root (you will need to enter this when you start Axis Automate for the first time)
- On the final stage click on Execute it will take several minutes and the database will be installed.
Install the MySQL database connector
- Run the file called "mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.27-win32.msi"
- Select the Typical setup type and next
- The installation process should then be completed.
Set the database properties and password
- Once you have installed the Zed Axis application, start that from the desktop icon or the program folder
- The first time that you click on the Automate tab you will need to set the database details, you will only need to do this once.
- Browse to the location of the mySql.exe file, if you used the default install location you should find it here C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0
- Click OK and Zed Axis will proceed to open if you get and error then please make sure you have followed all the steps above, otherwise contact Zed Systems support for more assistance
- If you are prompted to check you password you may have not entered it as root, in order check that the password was set correctly use the MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard to update the password. If you have forgotten your password you will need to uninstall MySQL and the instance setttings in order to reset the password.
Error: Error Nr.1045 Access Denied for user 'root'@'localhost (using password: YES)
This error occurs because the password used to connect to the database is incorrect. This may have occur because you are re-installing the MySQL server or previously had an installation of MySQL server on this PC. In order to set up the password again you will need to use the MySQL Server Instance Config Wizard to update the password. If you have forgotten the password you will need to uninstall MySQL and close any instances or MySQL before installing again.
Cannot create Windows service for MySql