In order to function Zed Axis stores your maps and setting and license details in a number of files and folders located on the local C: drive. Most of these are created when you run the setup program and will be fully accessible under the default windows user profiles. However some companies IT security policies may restrict access to applications or locations on the local PC or shared company server as a way of reducing the impact or software viruses and malware.
Files and Folders Zed Axis uses
Here are some of the files and folders that Axis uses and needs to have Full Access to in order to read/write/modify and delete:
- Maps and settings - C:\ProgramData\Zed\Axis
- Application settings - Windows registry
- License files - C:\ProgramData\Zed\Axis 16.1 (substitute the version number you have)
- LOG files - C:\ProgramData\Zed\Axis 16.1\LOG (substitute the version number you have)
If there is any restriction either due to
- File or folder permissions,
- Local Security Policy
- Group Security Policy
Then you may see error messages like Axis does not have permission to access that folder or file.
How to resolve that.
Your local security policy and antivirus software is an important part of reducing the possibility of viruses or malicious application affecting your PC, so you would appreciate it is not something that Zed Support should change, so we rely on your to make the necessary adjustments so that Axis can operate
- When installing Zed Axis alway use the provided setup file do not try to copy and paste and old installation to a new PC. More here on installing
- Configure your antivirus.
- Check the folder and files permissions for the folder and file locations mentioned above.
- Check that your Local Security Policy or Group Security Policy is configured so that that the Windows USER account has Full Access to the folders mentioned above