You can merge Customers,Vendors, Classes, Items, Accounts in QuickBooks this uses the same feature that is available in QuickBooks to merge list items together. QuickBooks will also consolidate any historical transactions associated to the merged records making a very useful way to eradicate duplication from your company file.The advantage of doing this in Zed Axis is that is possible to merge large batches at one time
Follow these steps to batch merge:
- Connect Axis to your QuickBooks company file
- Browse to the file that contains the list of names, or records that you would like to merge together.
- Create a new mapping for a List Merge type, mapping the fields as described in the table below
- Click the import button and Axis will import and merge records
|List Merge Type||enumerated list||The type of list item that you wish to merge must be one of the following:|
Account, Class, Customer, ItemDiscount, ItemGroup, ItemInventory, ItemNonInventory, ItemOtherCharge, ItemPayment, ItemSalesTax, ItemSalesTaxGroup, ItemService, ItemSubTotal, Vendor.
|Merge From||Text||The Full Name of the name or item that you wish to be merged into another name or item mentioned at Merge To|
|Merge To||Text||The Full Name of the name or item that you are merging into|
|Same Ship Addr OK||True or False||If true then the merge will go through even if the names have the same default ShipTo address|
There are restrictions to what records that can be merged and these are restriction imposed by QuickBooks. Please consider the following conditions:
- You can only merge records that are of the same List Type ie Customer to Customers, and ItemInventory to ItemInventory.
- You cannot merge list if an accountant copy of the company file exists.
- When merging Accounts the Accounts must be of the same Account Type ie Expense etc...
- Accounts must be the same hierarchical level within the chart of accounts
- When merging Customers only one of the customers can have child elements or Sub-Customer
It is not possible to reverse a merged record so we recommend that you take regular backups of your QuickBooks company file prior to merging records