To connect Zed Axis to your QuickBooks Point of Sale company file please follow the steps outlined in this support article. Before connecting please make sure that you have completed the following:
- You have installed QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale (2013 or higher) and the latest updates have been applied to your desktop
- You have installed Zed Axis on the same PC that you have QuickBooks Point of Sale installed on
- You have logged into your QuickBooks Point of Sale company file that you want to connect Zed Axis to.
- You are logged into QuickBooks Point of Sale as the Sysadmin user
- You can connect to a QuickBooks POS company file that is located on a local network server
Steps to connect Zed Axis to QuickBooks Point of Sale
Then follow these steps:
- Open Zed Axis and Select the Connections tab
- In the QuickBooks connection area select the option for QuickBooks POS and click the Connect button
- In the Point of Sale Connection screen the enter the details for the connection that you would like to make
- Computer Name - the name of the PC that you are using. (If not shown you can find this if you go into Control Panel > Systems then view the Computer Name)
- QBPOS Company - the name of the QuickBooks Point of Sale Company file you wish to connect to (if not shown this is the name of the file as it is shown exactly in the Title bar). If you leave this empty then Axis will scan the local network for running instances of QuickBooks POS which you can select to connect to.
- Is Practice - check box to select if the company data file you are connecting to is in Practice mode
- QBPOS Version - The current release version of the QuickBooks Point of Sale file.
Finally click Connect and you will be prompted to give Zed Axis permission to connect to the QuickBooks POS company file, we recommend that you select Yes Always.
Once you have successfully connected you will see the name of the QuickBooks POS company file displayed.
How to remove a connection
To remove Zed Axis from list of application permitted access to the QuickBooks POS company file follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks POS select the File > Preferences > Company menu.
- Select the option for Integrated Applications,
- In the list of applications that have previously requested access to the company file select Zed Axis then click the Remove button
Unable to connect to QuickBooks POS from a workstation over Lan
If you are connecting to QuickBooks POS on a server from a Workstation over a local area network then you may need to download
and install this update to ensure that the correct interface files have been installed.