Before you start
Zed Axis uses an installer package to make sure that all the program files and resources it needs to operate are installed and registered correctly. If the installer is not able to complete the process it can lead to errors when Zed Axis first runs so to minimise these possible errors before installing for the we recommend that you check the following:
- Log into Windows as the user that will be using the Zed Axis on a daily basis
- Make sure you have the latest Windows updates applied and have the latest version of the Microsoft .Net Framework installed
- Ensure that your Windows System Locale is set to English
- Ensure that you are logged into Windows as Administrator or with Administrator permissions.
- Temporarily disable your anti virus software or add an Exclusion for the Axis_setup executable file
- Ensure that you are using the default Windows location for installing programs ie C:/Program Files
- If problems persist please run Windows in Safe Mode when installing Zed Axis
Steps to install
To install Zed Axis follow these steps
- Download a copy of the Zed Axis trial version from this website
- Save a copy of the download file to your desktop
- Double click the file you just downloaded to start the installation process.
- Follow the prompts.
- Once the installation is complete you can start Zed Axis by double clicking on the desktop icon.
Error 1310: Error writing to file
- The error is typically occurs when the windows user who is installing Zed Axis does not have sufficient folder permissions to access the files Axis needs to run or write to to complete the installation. The other reason is the user chooses Only for Me
option rather than Anyone who uses this computer.
Ensure that you log in as the Administrator
or Admin permissions
, if the issue persists then run the Zed Axis installer in Compatibility Mode
and check that your antivirus system is not blocking Zed Axis
Error 1326 Error getting file security: c:\Documents and Settings\GetLastError: 5 - This error is caused by a insufficient windows permissions, please make sure that you are logged into Windows with Administrator permissions or as the Administrator login. If the problem persist then you should try to modify the folder permissions for the User or Admin users to Full Access for the following folder and sub folders C:\Users\Public\Documents\Zed
Error 1406 - Could not write AppName to key - This error occurs when the Axis installer is unable to write the registry keys to successfully install. This normally is due to the Windows user not having sufficient permissions to write the key to the registry. To resolve this error retry running the Axis setup or installer file As Administrator or with Administrator permissions.
Error: The specified path is too long -
please follow the troubleshooting steps in this article
Error: Zed Axis starts but the Window is empty - Try running Zed Axis in Compatibility mode to or try running as Administrator. Check your Local Security Policy for your Users account
Running Zed Axis is compatibility mode:
- Right click on the Zed Axis desktop shortcut icon
- Select Properties from the menu
- Click the Compatibility tab
- In the Compatability Mode group check the option to 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: WIndows 8'
- Click Apply and then try runnning Zed Axis again
Problems due to Special Permissions setting for the Windows User group or Accounts. If you have a special configuration in your Local Security Policy that may be restricting Zed Axis, you can manage your settings or reset them. (Sorry Zed Support is not permitted to modify your local Security Policy so you should refer to Microsoft support documentation or your IT support team)