In QuickBooks desktop a sales tax item is used to record a percentage sales tax rate to collect on sales transactions and pay to a tax agency (for example Out of State or Count, San Thomas). You can import sales tax items into QuickBooks Desktop from text files or Excel spreadsheets using Zed Axis:
Steps to import a sales tax item list
Follow these steps to import the sales tax item list:
- Download and install the Zed Axis software on your computer
- Open your QuickBooks company file as Administrator and open Zed Axis
- Select your text file or spreadsheet which contains the sales tax items that you want to import.
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your sales tax items list import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks, as shown below
- Click Import and your sales tax item items will be directly added to your QuickBooks company file.
Where the fields appear in QuickBooks
What fields you can import
|Name||Str 31 ||Name of the sales tax item|
|Is Active||true or false||Whether the item is active|
|Item Desc||Str 4095||The description of the sale tax item|
|Tax Rate||Percent||The tax rate, if non zero you must specify a Tax Vendor|
|Tax Vendor Full Name||Str 41||The tax agency to whom taxes collected are owned|
|Sales Tax Return Line||Str 41||The tax return line to be used (CA, UK and AU only)|