When importing data into QuickBooks and your import file does not contain a specific field or data, then Axis provides a way to set a constant value. When setting up a mapping you can set a constant value to a specific QuickBooks field, then when the data is imported Axis will apply that values to all rows.
For example you would like all invoices you are importing to apply to a QuickBooks class called Head Office. In the example below in the invoice mapping the Class field has been set to a constant value of Head Office, you can apply constants values to any field and they will be saved along with the map for subsequent imports.
In order to set a constant in Axis follow these steps:
- In Axis open the file that you wish to import into QuickBooks.
- Select the map that you wish to use or create a new map.
- Enter the constant value opposite the QuickBooks field that you would like to use.
- Save the map and in the preview panel you will see the field and the constant value applied to all rows.
- Import the file and the constant value will be imported.