If your vendors name for a part is different from the inventory item name in QuickBooks then importing purchase orders, bills and item receipts into QuickBooks can lead to unrecognised inventory item names. You can set the option in the Axis import module to use the Manufacturers Part Number field in QuickBooks and Axis will lookup the relevant item name in QuickBooks for you.
Follow these steps:
- In the Axis import module click on the options button.
- Check the box for Vendor Part Number Lookup, and click OK.
- In the mappings map your column that contains the Vendor Part Number to the Item Ref Full Name field
- When the preview opens Axis lookups the Manufacturers Part Number field in QuickBooks to find the corresponding inventory item and displays it in the preview
- Click OK and your data will be imported into QuickBooks.