Error message: There was an error when saving a Employees list, element "First Name Last Name". QuickBooks error message: Missing lived in or worked in state.
Cause: When creating an Employee in QuickBooks, it is required to specify the lived in or worked in State, if the Employee defaults are not yet set up in the QuickBooks preferences, Axis will not be permitted by QuickBooks to create a new Employee and the import will fail.
Resolution: Set up the Employee defaults to assign a default State and reattempt the import. In QuickBooks follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks Go to Edit > Preferences > Payroll & Employees
- Select the Company Preferences tab
- Click on the Employee Defaults button
- Click on the Taxes button
- Click on the State tab
- Under State Worked select the default state from the drop-down list.
- Click OK and reattempt your import