Rules provide a way of automatically importing files according to pre-configured settings. When used in conjunction with a Monitor service and a file is picked up from a folder the Rule will then process the file accordingly.
Steps to set up a rule
Follow these steps:
- In the Zed Axis Automate module, click on the Rules button on the menu bar.
- Click on the New button.
- Choose a name for the rule, and check the active box.
- Select the criteria that will identify the message that the rule should be applied to - you have the option of:
- Message From: list of trading partners
- Message Subject: what appears in the message subject line
- File Attached: If the attached file contains a word or string
- Spedify the Action that you wish to be applied to that file, you have the option of:
- Transaction Type: Select the type of transaction you would like the file to be imported as
- Use mapping: Selec the mapping that you would like to be applied to that file
- Specify what should happen once the rule has been applied:
- Change Status on Success: Select the status that you would like the message to be changed to once the file has been processed successfully
- Change Staus on Error: Select the status that you would like the message to be changed to if the rule encounters an error
- Clicking Save will set up and start the rule.