As part of the advanced Automate features of Zed Axis you can set up a service to run in the background to automatically monitor a folder for new tab delimited text files (files with a txt extension) according to your specific criteria. Matching files are then retrieved and added into the Axis inbox ready for processing by a Rule.
Steps to create a monitor service
To create a new monitor service follow these steps:
- In the Zed Axis Automate module, click on the Monitor button on the menu bar.
- Click on a new row or the star icon and make the following selections:
- IsActive - whether the monitor service is active or paused
- Name - give a unique name for the monitor service
- Folder - The folder location that you want to monitor (text files only not Excel)
- Period - how often you want the monitor service to check for files
- Clicking Add will set up the service and start the monitoring.
- Close Zed Axis and reopen it this time not running "As Administrator" and connect to your QuickBooks file.
You can delete or change the monitoring service from the Message Monitoring page.
Watch a demonstration of how to set up and monitor and rule