You can import inventory adjustments from text files or from Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks using the Zed Axis software.
- Download and install the Zed Axis software on your computer
- Open your QuickBooks company file as Administrator and open Zed Axis
- Select your text file or spreadsheet which contains the inventory adjustments that you want to import.
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your inventory adjustment import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks, as shown below
- Click Import and your inventory adjustments will be directly added to your QuickBooks company file.
For more information about importing inventory adjustments into QuickBooks, search the Knowledge Base, watch the movies in the Learning Centre, or raise a ticket with Zed Support.
Inventory Adjustment sample template
Note: You can either do a Quantity Adjustment which either adds or subtracts, or sets a new quantity (QuantityAdj.NewQuantity) in QuickBooks,
you can do a Value Adjustment that sets the new $ value (ValueAdj.NewValue) of the inventory and optionally the new quantity (ValueAdj.NewQuantity).
BUT, if you combine both a QuantityAdj and ValueAdj you will get an error.
||The adjustment account that the inventory adjustment will be posted to in QuickBooks
||The date of the inventory adjustment
||The reference number for the Inventory Adjustment, Axis uses this field to group rows together
||The inventory site that that adjustment is being made too
||The customer job that the adjustment is allocated to
||The class used to categorize the transaction
||The Memo description used on the transaction
||The full name of the inventory item as appears in QuickBooks
||Sets the new quantity of the item held in stock
||Adjust the quantity of the item held in stock
||Sets the quantity of items held in stock
||Adjusts the quantity of the item held in stock
||Sets the new value of the item held in stock
||Adjusts the value of the item held in stock
||Records the serial number of the item, more
||Records the lot number of the item held in stock, more
Error: This transaction doesn't support items of this type.
This error occurs when you have specified an Item that is not an Inventory type ie a Service, or Non-inventory, QuickBooks can only adjust inventory quantities of items that are held in stock