Convert transaction history from MYOB to QuickBooks.
Once you done your checks and you have a QuickBooks file setup with lists and opening balances it is a good point to make a backup before you start importing transaction history into QuickBooks.
Historical Transaction Data
The first stage in the transaction transfer process is to export all the relevant transactions from your MYOB company file into text files. Depending on the opening balance date you have chosen you will need all open transactions prior to you opening balance date and then all transactoins since the opening balance date.
- Select File > Export data and then the transactions types to export. It’s probably better to transfer manageable chunks of data with on a monthly or quarterly basis depending on the volumes of transactions you are trying to get across.
MYOB gives you the following transactions types that you can export:
- Transaction journals
- General journal entries
- Service Sales
- Item Sales
- Professional Sales
- Time Billing Sales
- Miscellaneous Sales
- Money received
- Service purchases
- Item purchases
- Professional purchases
- Miscellaneous purchases
- Money spent
You will need to do some tidying up in Excel to remove blank lines or subtotals from the MYOB exported transaction files, if you are recoding the Tax Codes then you will need to do the in Excel prior to getting this data into QuickBooks alternatively you can rely on the default tax code associated with the item which the Transaction Importer will default to if not specified, but be careful as there may be exceptions
The next step will be to import these transactions into your QuickBooks company file using the Zed Axis Importer. Remember to always backup your company file before attempting to import transactions so if something goes wrong you can rollback to the last good version.
- Transfer MYOB card file details to QuickBooks.
- Transfer tax codes and customer lists to QuickBooks
- Transfer supplier lists and employee lists to QuickBooks
- Create opening balances in QuickBooks
- Create opening inventory balances in QuickBooks
- Export accounts payable and account receivable transactions from MYOB into text files
- Import accounts payable transactions into QuickBooks
- Import accounts receivable transactions into QuickBooks
- Validate data transfer
- Setup and configure QuickBooks