Before you start
Converting your company data from MYOB to QuickBooks is a complex procedure and for the first timer can be challenging. We recommend that you carefully read this note and plan your conversion before starting, and test out the process or a small sample of data to identify any potential problems before committing to a transfer. This article includes the conversion of lists, balances and transactional history
, if you only need to transfer lists and balances then Reckon have a MYOB Data Converter
This support note is a guide provided free of charge by Zed Systems for further assistance you can watch some of the online tutorials, raise a ticket with support or purchase a live support incident ($50) with Zed Suppor
We cannot guarantee that the information in this support note is accurate or reflects your particular situation. Always refer to an accountant if you are in doubt. We are continually trying to improve the information that we provide as support. If you have any suggestions or improvements we would like to hear from you. Limitations: You will be unable to import historical payroll transactions into QuickBooks, units of measure or assembly information, the makers of QuickBooks do not permit this at this time.
Depending on the complexity and quantity of your accounting data in MYOB a full conversion to QuickBooks can take some time. You will need to have a good understanding of Zed Axis and Microsoft Excel. If you are switching straight across to QuickBooks and don’t want to interrupt your business, you should undertake the conversion when you can set aside a couple of days to do the transfer and to complete all your checks.
You will need the following to complete the transfer:
- QuickBooks 2008 or greater
- Zed Axis
- Microsoft Excel
- MYOB software
The process has the following phases:
- Transfer MYOB card file details to QuickBooks.
- Transfer tax codes and customer lists to QuickBooks
- Transfer supplier lists and employee lists to QuickBooks
- Create opening balances in QuickBooks
- Create opening inventory balances in QuickBooks
- Export accounts payable and account receivable transactions from MYOB into text files
- Import accounts payable transactions into QuickBooks
- Import accounts receivable transactions into QuickBooks
- Validate data transfer
- Setup and configure QuickBooks