You can import Chart of Accounts lists from text, Excel and IIF files into QuickBooks Online using Zed Axis. Whilst this is a built in feature of QuickBooks Online, Zed Axis has some distinct improvements that include:
- Import Chart of Accounts List for up to five levels deep (ie Account:Sub Account:Sub Account:Sub Account:Sub Account)
- Import a wider range of fields including
To import using Zed Axis please follow these steps:
- Once connect click on the Import module
- Open the Excel, text or IIF file that contains the Customer details that you want to import into QuickBooks Online.
- Next create a map between the columns in your import file and the corresponding fields in QuickBooks, for more information on the fields refer to the table at the end of this article.
- Finally click the Import button and Axis will import the customers and details directly into QuickBooks Online
||Name of the Account
||Whether the account is is a parent (true) or subaccount (false)
||The Parent of the Account
||Description for the account
||Mandatory Full name of the Account includes parent and subaccounts ie Expenses:Motor:Fuel
||Whether or not the account is active ie visible and useable (true or false)
||The classification for the account, valid values include: Asset, Equity, Expense, Liability, Revenue
||Mandatory Detailed classification that specified the use of the account valid values include: Bank, Other Current Asset, Fixed Asset, Other Asset, Accounts Receivable, Equity, Expense, OtherExpense, CostOfGoodsSold, Account Payable, CreditCard, LongTermLiability, OtherCurrentLiability, Income, OtherIncome
||Account sub-type classification based on AccountType for a full list click here
||Account number for the account (must not contain a colon)
||Read Only balance
||Read Only cumulative balance
||Currency used for this account possible values (ISO codes) ie USD, AUD, GBP, EUR etc...
||Tax Code used for this account. (non US editions only)