You can import sales tax items into QuickBooks from text files or Excel spreadsheets using Zed Axis:
- Download and install the Zed Axis software on your computer
- Open your QuickBooks company file as Administrator and open Zed Axis
- Select your text file or spreadsheet which contains the sales tax items that you want to import.
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your sales tax items list import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks, as shown below
- Click Import and your sales tax item items will be directly added to your QuickBooks company file.
||Name of the sales tax item
||true or false
||Whether the item is active
|| Str 4095
||The description of the sale tax item
||The tax rate, if non zero you must specify a Tax Vendor
|Tax Vendor Full Name
||The tax agency to whom taxes collected are owned
|Sales Tax Return Line
||The tax return line to be used (CA, UK and AU only)