When Zed Axis connects to your QuickBooks company file the first time, QuickBooks will prompt you to provide permission, if you do not provide permission then Zed Axis will be unable to connect to that QuickBooks company file. Once this has been provided the subsequent connections will not require you to do this, at a later stage you can choose to remove this permission through the integrated applications menu. Follow these steps to provide permission:
- Login to your QuickBooks company file with Admin permissions.
- Open Zed Axis and in the connections tab click Connect.
- QuickBooks will now popup the following screen. If you do not see this the in the task bar you may see the QuickBooks icon flashing you should switch to QuickBooks. Select the options to Yes, whenever the QuickBooks company file is open and if you know you will be requiring access to sensitive information check the box that says access to personal data, click Continue.
- You will see a couple of confirmation screens then you can switch back to Zed Axis and the path to the company file will be shown indicating that you now have a successful connection.
- You can edit the Zed Axis connection settings from within QuickBooks in the Integrated Application section of the Company Preferences