You can import vehicle mileage from text files or from Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks using the Zed Axis software.
- Download and install the Zed Axis software on your computer
- Open your QuickBooks company file as Administrator and open Zed Axis
- Select your text file or spreadsheet which contains the vehicle mileage that you want to import.
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your vehicle mileage import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks, as shown below.
- Click Import and your vehicle mileage will be directly added to your QuickBooks company file.
For more information about importing bills into QuickBooks, search the Knowledge Base, watch the movies in the Learning Centre, or raise a ticket with Zed Support. The following fields are the principal fields when importing vehicle mileage into QuickBooks.
Sample vehicle mileage import file
|| MANDATORY - The name of the vehicle, as appears in QuickBooks
|Customer Full Name
||Customer Full Name as appears in QuickBooks ie ACME Inc:Project 101:Job A ,colons are used as a separators.
| Item Full Name
|| The service item or other charge.
| Class Full name
|| The full class name as appears in QuickBooks
| Trip Start Date
||Date the trip began. If left blank, the current date at the time of transaction will be used. Time values are not supported
||Date the trip ended. If left blank, the current date at the time of transaction will be used. Time values are not supported
| Odometer Start
||Odometer reading at the start of the trip.
| Odometer End
||Odometer reading at the end of the trip.
| Total Miles
||Total trip miles. If Total Miles is specified, you cannot specify OdometerStart and OdometerEnd.
|| Notes field
| Billable Status
|| Whether the line is Billable, NotBillable or HasBeenBilled
- QuickBooks will only allow you to import either Odometer Start and Odometer End OR Total Miles if you map all those then the import will encounter and error