You can import statement charges from text files or from Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks using the Zed Axis
- Download and install the Zed Axis software on your computer
- Open your QuickBooks company file as Administrator and open Zed Axis
- Select your text file or spreadsheet which contains the statement charges that you want to import.
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your statement charges import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks, as shown below.
- Click Import and your statement charges will be directly added to your QuickBooks company file.
For more information about importing statement charges into QuickBooks, search the Knowledge Base, watch the movies in the Learning Centre, or raise a ticket with Zed Support.
Sample statement charge import file
The following fields are the principal fields when importing statement charges into QuickBooks.
||MANDATORY FIELD - Customer Full Name as appears in QuickBooks ie ACME Inc:Project 101:Job A ,colons are used as a separators. If Axis cannot find a Customer then it will create a new customer record.
||The date of the statement charge.
|| Reference number for the statement charge
|| Item being sold
|| Location of the item being sold
|| Number of items sold
||The name of the unit of measure selected from within the items available units more on importing units of measure
||The rate or price of the item. If not mapped QuickBooks will use the default rate for the item.Decimal values include amounts, quantities, and percents. can be positive or negative
||The monetary amount
|| The description on the charge
|| The accounts receivable account in QuickBooks, if not mapped will default to QuickBooks default AR account
|| Full name of the class
||The date when the customer was billed
||The date payment is due
|| Item linked account to use